Supervisor Survey - Mongolia
- Truly Global Project
- Mentoring Opportunity
- Exciting International location - Mongolia
We are looking for a Supervisor Survey to mentor and coach our National Mongolian team members, you will have a strong safety focus and be instrumental in introducing first world mining practices to a developing workforce.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career whilst working on a truly global project, whilst enjoying diversity within your work responsibilities within the project. Working a 4/2 FIFO roster and reporting to the Superintendent Mine Surveying, you will be:
- Mentoring and coaching the local workforce
- Introducing first world mining principles with a significant emphasis on safety
- Supervising a crew of 8-10 team members at any one time
- In the field providing direct feedback and coaching with the team
- Included in the night shift roster whilst on the project
- Assist the Superintendent Survey manage of the survey teams to support the mine development, underground drilling and associated activities.
- Key leader within the underground survey team structure responsible for assisting in managing the survey team.
- Communication of Approved for Construction design information drawings to all key stakeholders
- Interface with underground mine operations, mining contractor, mine planning team, regulatory bodies and others as appropriate.
- Proficient with mine survey, Surpac, CAD drawing, and Leica Total stations and software.
- Management of survey database and drawing files.
- Work as an integral member of the Technical Services team
- Work to ensure the national workforce is in place and developed in order to replace the expat workforce to meet the targets set by in the Investment Agreement.
- Provide strong and effective leadership to team members.
- Ability to lead functional teams
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership skills
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Manage contractors effectively ensuring compliance with all procedures and processes
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Hands on mine survey experience in a hard rock underground mining environment.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of development mining and mine planning processes.
- Strong demonstrated commitment to safety
- Relevant Survey Tertiary qualification
- 5+ years previous experience
- Previous Underground experience is essential
It would also be beneficial if you have;
- Knowledge of Surpac software
- Knowledge of Leica equipment
- Knowledge of Wall Stations
- Knowledge of CMS / 3D Scanners
- Construction surveying experience
- Underground machine guidance experience
If you are looking for change, a new career and would like to work for a successful global organisation, join us today.