Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the management of flow of products that includes the movement, stockpile of products, and work-in-process of delivering and transporting products from point of origin to the customers. The Supply Chain Manager will be engaged in planning, executing, control and monitoring of logistics in Mongolia/China side. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager will in charge of managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters, this includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that trucks are safe and meet legal requirements and making sure logistics personnel are aware of their duties.
· Plan all supply chain & shipment operations movements
· Oversee the availability of mineral products at the suppliers’ site and liaise with Mongolia office ops team and monitor & manage of product movement between mine sites, terminal borders.
· Directly supervise the contractors engaged in providing supply chain services and execute and manage all supply chain related contracts in an efficient manner.
· Plan supply chain costs/rates for the deliveries. Compare the planned costs to the actual.
· Make weekly reporting internally and coordinate with Front office and Trade Ops on the supply chain matters.
· Liaise with all relevant parties including suppliers, customers, contractors transport agents and Mongolian border authorities to set up monthly shipment target and maintain good relationship with border authorities, company's agents, subcontractors with objective to manage company's product to be delivered to the border on time.
· Track shipments and stock levels
- Monitor overall performance to make sure targets are being met in safe manner.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Facilitate and manage all truck and rail loadings.
- Ensure the Supply Chain and its contractors are operating within the required Government guidelines and legislation.
- Co-ordinate and directly manage contractors to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Monitoring all transport activities & costs.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
Education, experience, skills
Professional mining and logistics operations that includes transportation, production and processing and contract management.
At least 3-5 years of industry experience in an operating mine, mineral trading or logistics company
· Tact, diplomacy and calmness with customers and all involving partners and customers.
· An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
· Excellent geographical knowledge.
· Good people management and coordination skills.
· Excellent financial acumen.
· Excellent problem solving experience
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
· Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Working hours: flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business as working hours vary, with long hours and possibly to work weekends are common.