• To lead and manage the mining function including preparing and then transitioning from project status to operation status including mine planning and development, structure and resourcing.
• Mining operations managed optimally and in accordance with life-of-mine plan
• Continuous improvement /optimization of all mining processes
• Manage environmental impacts and mitigate risks to ensure as a minimum the mining operation complies with applicable regulations and standards
• To review and maintain the processes of employment, performance management, personnel development, teaming, and succession planning for employees.
• Implement the planned mining activities of the mining department by working closely with the Technical Services and Mining Contractor to effectively manage the tonnage, grade, production schedules etc.
• To challenge and encourage operating decisions with the overriding principles of adding value and continual improvement.
• Remain abreast of mining-specific challenges on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure annual targets are met with a co-operative focus and information transfer between the mining, mining contractor and processing departments.
• BS Degree in Mining.
• A minimum of 10 years operational experience with 5 years in a senior management role.
• Familiarity and experience with mining industry standards and regulations.
• Strong analytical skills, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Dynamic, self-motivated, a determination to excel, and a commitment to action.
• Strong Leadership and sound management skills.
• Financial management and budgeting skills.
• Exposure to strategic business planning processes