The purpose of this role is to provide services and support on customs and tax activities of the functional area in line with the company policies and procedures to achieve the team's objectives and targeted plan.
In particular, it focuses on repairing and maintaining tax records, returns, reports and other related materials; participating in the development and implementation of tax strategy, devises legal means to minimize tax liability using thorough knowledge of tax laws and regulations; and recommending alternative tax treatments to alleviate or reduce tax burden within this function.
Duties and responsibilities:
Completes routine assignments to support day to day activities in relation to areas that may include procurement, inventory management, warehousing and/or transportation to ensure efficient supply of goods and products within the supply chain.
• Produces reports on key metrics for operation of the business to end users and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Adheres to government rules and regulations, company policy and safety requirements.
• Interacts with business units and other functional groups as required to accomplish goals and tasks.
• Completes day to day work tasks and the application of structured knowledge and best practice principals to solve problems.
• To liaise with customs, customs brokers, transport service providers and the marketing team to ensure the smooth flow of all documents for the import and export clearances in an attempt to minimize any possible glitch at border crossing time
• To supervise and monitor that the inbound and the outbound goods are accurately declared and cleared through the customs in accordance with all customs laws and regulations
• To ensure all necessary permits and licenses are obtained in a timely manner from the respective government authorities and departments as where and when they are required
• To monitor the customs prepayment account balances and refunds for both import and export also to liaise with the customs brokers and company's finance departments
• To supervise and monitor all of the temporary import and export operations and ensure that the temporary equipment returns to the point of origin within the authorized time frame and conditions and that the tax deposits are refunded in a timely and procedural manner.
• Ensure all customs related matters are appropriately and professionally addressed
• To manage the brokers so as to ensure a smooth and timely process of all import and export clearances
• To supervise and remind the customs brokers of their obligations regarding contracted works and services and monitor their performances relating to the shipment deliveries and customs clearances
• To supervise flight bookings for all staff including those eligible government officials to coincide with their holiday and travel requirements
• To foster and build on the relationships that has been developed with the Mongolian customs and other border authorities
• Contribute and be proactive to give guidance and assistance to all areas of the operation when and where it is required
• To provide on the spot guidance and planned training for all subordinates
• Participating in audits and inspections and monitors corrective actions
• Maintain logistics and customs documents, data, records and reports as required
• Produce weekly and monthly reports for management in a format that has been agreed to
• To assist in the development and recording of performance KPI information for customs brokerage service and tax payment processes for both import and export
Undergraduate or equivalent or higher education obtained through degrees or diplomas from academic college or universities.
Customs, Logistics or relevant discipline. Customs Broker Certificate.
At least 3 years Customs Brokerage experience, or otherwise the significant practical experience and on the job training.
Valid Customs Brokerage Certificate.
Application Deadline: 28 Feb, 2018
Please kindly apply for this position with your CV's and Cover letters in English.
Submit your CV's as a word file and name as following: "First name_Last Name"